Welcome to the Alphabiotic Balance Center's blog for Alphabiotics, Clinical Nutrition and general wellness advice.
Treating depression without drugs
Can natural treatments remove depression and turn back the clock? The answer is YES!
'Depression' is nothing more than a label that we give those people who feel down in the dumps, don’t have any interest in activities, are fatigued, struggle to get a good nights sleep, have no interest in sex, feel helpless & hopeless, cannot think clearly and often struggle to make decisions. Depression feels like a dark blanket has been thrown over you and you cannot find a hole to breathe. Depression has a spiraling effect and creates negative thoughts about your future and about others. Depression can start from childhood, and the negative cellular memory can last a life time unless it is dealt with NATURALLY! Simply taking a pill to shut out the communication might help for a while, but it is not dealing with the cause.
There are several ways to treat depression naturally:
- R.E.M sleep is vital as most of our repair happens while we are sleeping. In fact, from 10pm-2am is when our true potential for healing takes place as it follows our circadian rhythm, so get to sleep early when you can. Shutting down electronics an hour before you go to bed will make a big difference. If anything only have soft, soothing music playing, or as I do; the sound of waves or waterfalls to relax me.
- Eat foods with antidepressant properties. Include foods high in omega three fatty acids, such as salmon and nuts. Healthy fats feed the brain and keep our cell membranes healthy.
- Get 15-30 minutes of sunlight each morning in the summer. During winter, consider a D3 sublingual supplement. Connect with nature and natural elements. Breathing fresh air and basking in the sunlight to restore your body's vitamin D levels will do you the world of good.
- Minimize your alcohol intake, as it can be a downer. Alcohol reduces serotonin, dopamine, and epinephrine levels. This creates a further imbalance, exaggerating the feeling of depression.
- Think positive thoughts, and write a list daily of the blessings in your life. Depression can be exacerbated by issues that you believe to be out of your control. For example, financial problems, health problems and relationship issues. Perception drives your health, so working through your problems with a positive attitude will bring about results.
- Don’t forget, your feelings are vital. Find a way to express them. Depression tends to cause people to retract from life, and avoiding communication with others will only make it worse. Do not spend too much time alone.
- Tap into your passions! Things like creative writing, dance, arts, and music can be extremely therapeutic forms of self expression.
- Find your local Alphabioticist or preferred holistic practitioner to break the negative stress patterns, and see a Naturopathic nutritionist. In more severe cases, a saliva hormone test is a great idea to find exactly where your imbalances lie.
Live, love and laugh!
It is the responsibility of us all to spread the truth, and to educate about true wellness. If you feel like you have learned anything at all from this article, I urge you to please post it on your social media feeds, and e-mail it to friends and loved one's, so that you can be a part of the perception that true health starts with nature.
At the Alphabiotic Balance Center we deal with cause correction, and preventive wellness. Bruce Fulford D.A, CN, Ph.D, uses Alphabiotic alignments to keep the brain and body in balance, as well as clinical nutrition for dis-ease, hormone and pH balancing, weight challenges and most other health issues.
Please visit www.AlphabioticBalance.com to find out more. We have offices in Venice, CA and Hollywood, CA. Bruce also travels internationally with professional athletes and has a passion for injury prevention.
Thanks for reading :)
'Bruce at the Alphabiotic Balance Center has helped me immeasurably! I am a professional trainer as well as soccer player. When I started with Bruce everything hurt! The life of a pro athlete had taken its toll. Chronic neck pain, athritis from injuries, and an acute case of plantar faschiitis all but vanished within a handful of visits. Bruce is professional, responsible, compassionate, and caring.
Conventional medicine can never compare to the miraculous ability the human body has to heal itself. Bruce can help your body heal itself.
Thanks for sharing your gift Bruce!'
If you enjoyed this article please give us 5 stars and write a short review.