Welcome to the Alphabiotic Balance Center's blog for Alphabiotics, Clinical Nutrition and general wellness advice.
Are your testosterone levels low?
Are your testosterone levels low?
Do you want to stay strong, toned and sexually potent after 40?
Testosterone in men, is a hormone produced primarily in the testicles and is essential to the development of male growth and masculine characteristics. Testosterone production peaks during adolescence and early adulthood. After that, it’s natural for levels to drop slightly each year. There are however non synthetic ways to keep testosterone levels balanced.
Being that I am now in my 40's I felt it appropriate to talk about staying young and keeping testosterone levels balanced without the need for steroids. I personally stay incredibly active in sports and weight training and feel that I am keeping up with guys 10-15 years younger than myself. Let's emphasize the quality-of-life improvements that occur in most men who restore their testosterone to youthful ranges:
- A healthy heart, blood flow and overall cardiovascular system
- Less fat and more muscle
- Stronger bones and less chance of developing osteoporosis
- Higher libido
- Better mood and improved positivity and outlook on life
- Sexual problems such as decreased desire, erectile dysfunction, difficulty achieving orgasm, and reduced intensity of orgasm
- Low energy and noticeable fatigue
- Loss of motivation
- Loss of sense of well-being and vigor
In case after case, when low testosterone is corrected, men report improvements in some or all of the above symptoms. It is interesting to note that these symptoms of low testosterone are analogous to what one would expect with normal aging.
How do you increase testosterone levels naturally? Below are some tips:
- If you are overweight you need to start there. Lose the weight through a balanced diet in order for your endocrine system to increase testosterone production. Strength training including heavy weights is highly recommended.
- The mineral zinc is important for testosterone production, and supplementing your diet for as little as six weeks has been shown to cause a marked improvement in testosterone among men with low levels.
- Vitamin D is in fact a steroid hormone and essential for the healthy development of sperm cells. Vitamin D also increases levels of testosterone, which may boost libido.
- Stress reduction. When you're under stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone actually blocks the effect of testosterone ( See my blog on Why Stress Is At The Root Of All Your Health Challenges! ).
- Testosterone levels decrease after sugar spikes, which is likely because sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to low testosterone.
- Eat healthy fats found in avocados and nuts
- Boost Your Intake of Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA). I personally use a pea protein powder with BCAA's included.
There of course other supplementation options. I do not promote specific companies and therefore will not list any here. If you have any questions about testosterone and DHEA (precursor to testosterone) supplements please feel free to contact me.
GOOD LUCK MEN!
It is the responsibility of us all to spread the truth, and to educate about true wellness. If you feel like you have learned anything at all from this article, I urge you to please post it on your social media feeds, and e-mail it to friends and loved one's, so that you can be a part of the perception that true health starts with nature.
At the Alphabiotic Balance Center we deal with cause correction, and preventive wellness. Bruce Fulford D.A, CN, Ph.D, uses Alphabiotic alignments to keep the brain and body in balance, as well as clinical nutrition for dis-ease, hormone and pH balancing, weight challenges and most other health issues.
Please visit www.AlphabioticBalance.com to find out more. We have offices in Venice, CA and Hollywood, CA. Bruce also travels internationally with professional athletes and has a passion for injury prevention.
Thanks for reading :)
'Bruce at the Alphabiotic Balance Center has helped me immeasurably! I am a professional trainer as well as soccer player. When I started with Bruce everything hurt! The life of a pro athlete had taken its toll. Chronic neck pain, athritis from injuries, and an acute case of plantar faschiitis all but vanished within a handful of visits. Bruce is professional, responsible, compassionate, and caring.
Conventional medicine can never compare to the miraculous ability the human body has to heal itself. Bruce can help your body heal itself.
Thanks for sharing your gift Bruce!'
If you enjoyed this article please give us 5 stars and write a short review.